1951 - On the Air: WXIA-TV's history dates back to 1951 when the station signed on the air as an ABC affiliate. Twenty-nine years later, in September 1980, Channel 11 joined NBC. Early in its history, the station was known as WLWA-TV and operated under the ownership of Crosley Broadcasting. Known from the start as a station with a strong interest in local, live programming, the station was purchased in 1962 by Richard Fairbanks of Indianapolis and officially became WAII-TV, The Eyes of Atlanta. In 1963 WAII-TV introduced News Watch and brought the first woman weather forecaster, Eleanor Knight, to the airwaves, followed by Linda Faye in 1964. Three years later in March of 1967, WAII-TV began broadcasting the news with its first color camera.
1968 - A New Beginning: In 1968 WAII was sold to Pacific and Southern Broadcasting and Channel 11 became known as WQXI-TV until 1974 when the station became WXIA-TV. Two years later, the station adopted the 11Alive name. Ownership of WXIA-TV changed again in 1979 when Combined Communications Corporation signed a deal with the Gannett Company to become one of the largest mergers in media history. In 2015, Gannett spun its publishing properties from its broadcast and digital properties, creating TEGNA Media. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations (including those serviced by TEGNA) and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets. TEGNA Media reaches approximately one-third of all television households nationwide In 1996, WXIA-TV was the NBC flagship station of the Atlanta Summer Olympics. Included among the many personalities to work at WXIA-TV over the years were NBC's Stone Phillips and actor Dick Van Dyke. Van Dyke worked as an announcer and audioman. Allegedly, Phillips was discovered waiting tables at an Atlanta restaurant by a station executive. The Dateline anchor went directly from his summer job to the 11Alive newsroom.
Today: 11Alive currently employs more than 200 men and women in the areas of news, engineering, production, promotion, accounting, sales, programming, web design and development, and administrative support. WXIA-DT went on the air October 1998. In 2006, 11Alive became Atlanta's first station to broadcast all local news programs in high definition. Also in 2006, Gannett Broadcasting acquired WATL-TV (Channel 36), and WATL became an affiliate of MyNetworkTV. WATL-TV broadcasts in the digital and HD spectra.
Desktop Display, Social, Mobile Display, Email
- Headline:Publisher: Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, Sports and Entertainment | Atlanta, GA | 11Alive.com WXIA TV
- Self / Managed Service:Managed Service
- IndustriesAutomotive, Clothing & Fashion, Consumer Packaged Goods, Education, Energy and Utilities, Entertainment, Financial Services, Government & Politics, Health & Beauty, Healthcare, Non-Profit, Retail, Sports, Technology, Telecommunications, Travel & Leisure, eCommerce
- Key DifferentiatorThe Networks of 11Alive can help grow your business 11Alive, 11Alive.com, MyAtl and our digital channels that make up the Networks of 11Alive offer the most powerful and cost-effective way to tell Metro Atlanta about your business. Every week, 11Alive reaches the metro area with our news, sports, and NBC prime time programming. Our website, 11Alive.com, is one of most popular local online destinations in Atlanta. The Networks of 11Alive is the perfect way to get your message out to your prospective customers. We have all the tools that you will need to help create an advertising campaign that will get results. We can provide you research from Nielsen and Leigh Stowell & Company, award-winning commercial and online production, and of course our highly-experienced and creative staff to help you get the most impact for your advertising dollar. Contact our Director of Sales, Tim McNamara with questions or inquires by email at email@example.com.
- 10 SDKs
- 3.36 Avg. Rating
- 117 Total reviews
- App Url: https://itunes.apple.com/app/wxia/id461033172
- App Support: https://www.11alive.com/contact-us
- Genre: News
- Bundle ID: com.gannett.news.local.11AliveNews
- App Size: 80.3 M
- Version: 42.10.17
- Release Date: September 19th, 2011
- Update Date: September 14th, 2020
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and weather in the Atlanta area on the all-new free 11Alive app from WXIA.
Our app features the latest breaking news that impacts you and your family, interactive weather and radar, and live video from our newscasts and local events.
LOCAL & BREAKING NEWS
? Receive real-time notifications for breaking news
? Read the latest news as it happens in your area
? Explore exclusive investigative stories
? Browse photos, news clips, and raw video
? Daily and hourly forecasts for your city
? The latest forecasts from our meteorologists
? Interactive radar maps
? Automated hyperlocal severe weather alerts
? Watch live video newscasts and breaking news from WXIA
? Discover and dive into topics that matter to you
? Favorite topics to receive personalized updates
? Share stories & videos directly with your friends and family
? See the latest updates and behind the scenes photos from your favorite anchors and reporters
? Get information on school delays & closings as they happen
This is the official app of WXIA and 11Alive.com, the NBC affiliate serving the Atlanta area.
Got feedback? Let us know how we can make this the best app experience for you! Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Sell My Information: https://www.11alive.com/do-not-sell-my-information
Terms of Service: https://www.11alive.com/terms
Top chef 24
Great site, when it works
Live stream does not work
Pretty good app
Great for any Georgian
Keeps me informed
They are headquartered at Atlanta, GA, United States, and have 1 advertising & marketing contacts listed on Thalamus. According to their Ads.txt, 11 Alive inventory partners include: google.com, 33across.com, spotxchange.com, spotx.tv, openx.com, adtech.com, rubiconproject.com, pubmatic.com, appnexus.com, advangelists.com, sonobi.com, indexexchange.com, aol.com, yahoo.com, aps.amazon.com, amazon-adsystem.com, triplelift.com, carambo.la, emxdgt.com, lijit.com, rhythmone.com, smartadserver.com, sovrn.com, contextweb.com, adyoulike.com, axonix.com, admanmedia.com, connatix.com, tremorhub.com, telaria.com, freewheel.tv, lkqd.net, criteo.com, districtm.io, advertising.com, brightcom.com, improvedigital.com, consumable.com, nativeads.com, gumgum.com, bidtellect.com, synacor.com, coxmt.com, outbrain.com, q1connect.com, video.unrulymedia.com, sharethrough.com, smaato.com, adcolony.com, bidmachine.io, blis.com, engagebdr.com, mobilefuse.com, pokkt.com, pubnative.net, startapp.com, xad.com, undertone.com, roimediaconsultants.com, conversantmedia.com, lockerdome.com, adagio.io, tradehouse.media, adblade.com, aolcloud.net, anthemx.tv, lkqd.com, fyber.com, optimatic.com, rockyou.net, aralego.com, springserve.com, brightroll.com, vi.ai, adform.com, themediagrid.com, vdopia.com, chocolateplatform.com, beachfront.com, media.net, yieldmo.com, cedato.com, ad-generation.jp, proper.io, mantisadnetwork.com, taboola.com, facebook.com.
11 Alive works with Advertising technology companies such as DoubleClick.Net, Amazon Ad System, Header Tag by Index Exchange, Google Publisher Tag, Sharethrough.